Hear ye, hear ye! Dost thou feel the merriment in the air? The return of the faire-est event in all the land is upon us… The Maryland Renaissance Festival begins its nine-weekend carouse at Revel Grove this Saturday, August 29, and will carry on the mirth through October 25.
I say this every year, and I will reiterate it again: If there is one event everyone should experience, the Maryland Renaissance Festival is it. I’ve actually posted and raved about it so many times that everything you need to know about why you should go can be found here, here, here, here, and here (wow, I’ve been at this blogging thing for awhile!).
With all the background about the faire in previous posts, now you just need this year’s logistics: The Maryland Renaissance takes place once again in Crownesville, MD, in the lovely hamlet of Revel Grove, August 29 – October 25. Hours are 10am – 7pm. Admission is $19/adults, $16/seniors, $8/ages 7-15, free for 6 and under through September 13. After that, tickets go up to $24/adults, $20/seniors, $10/ages 7-15, still free for 6 and under. Multi-day passes that offer a discount are also available.
Some special events to be aware of:
* August 29-30 is Children’s Weekend – FREE admission for ages 15 and under with accompanying adult
* September 5-6 is Romance Weekend – Singles mingle on Saturday, vow renewal ceremony on Sunday
* September 7 – free admission for seniors 62 and over on Labor Day
* September 12 & October 11 – ASL performance interpretation days
* September 12-13 – Celtic Celebration
* September 19-20 is Pirate Weekend – dress in your swashbucking best!
* September 26 – Outlanders fans take note: Diana Gabaldon will make an appearance
* October 24-25 – Joust Competition
And a glimpse at more of what you’ll find there…