1. Free Park-ing! National parks are waiving entry fees to celebrate National Public Lands Day, so there’s no cost to visit those that usually charge admission. Celebrate by heading to one of our local national parks, that include Shenandoah, Prince William Forest, Great Falls, Harpers Ferry, Fort McHenry, and Rock Creek Park (see below for a specific event). Find even more to visit here.
2. Today and tomorrow, the Friends of Peirce Mill are joining with the National Park Service and other park partners to celebrate National Public Lands Day and Rock Creek Park Day. A full weekend of free family activities online and IRL in the park will include a family scavenger hunt at Peirce Mill (note that the Mill is closed; the hunt takes place nearby it outside).
3. In case you missed it a couple of days ago, there’s a new round-up of indoor places that have reopened for an easy go-to list if you’re looking for inside outings. But if you ant to be outside to enjoy the season, check out the list of fall festivals or the post about great places to enjoy autumn (that are not fall festivals). And for more round-ups of local activities, hover over the ADVENTURES tab at the top of the blog for a dropdown full of inspo.
4. The Mom Edit offers more than just fashion tips… here are 5 ways you can take action for Breonna Taylor.
5. Hamilton PSA: Do not throw away your shot… to vote.