1. Today at 5pm, the Kennedy Center presents The Yo-Yo Mo Show: An Evening of Musical Doodling. All ages are invited to grab some paper and doodling implements and join Mo Willems in doodling as Yo-Yo Ma plays cello to explore ways in which different art forms can inspire each other. Get a glimpse of what to expect here.
2. Many Virginia wineries have reopened, welcoming guests to enjoy their outdoor spaces along with tastings. Most are BYO picnics, and some are even family friendly. Find a list of wineries and more details here. And if you plan to try going, I recommend calling ahead to confirm the status, even if reservations are not required.
3. This evening at 8pm, tune in to Smithsonian’s Project Pride, a virtual concert and digital time capsule celebration of LGBTQ+ Heritage, Culture, and History featuring LGBTQ+ musicians, artists, and allies, as well as highlights from the Smithsonian collections.
4. From the New York Times: The Best Films of 2020 (So Far).
5. Ways to demand justice for George Floyd from wherever you are right now.
If you enjoyed this post — found it informative, inspiring, or it just made you smile — please share!