1. The Hirshhorn has some new art prompts for their Kids at Home series. Create a wish tree like Yoko Ono’s, paint an aluminum sculpture inspired by Roy Lichtenstein’s Brushstroke, make an abstract sculpture, and more! And if you want an IRL dose of the museum and some autumn splendor, visit the Hirshhorn Sculpture Garden on the National Mall. You can pop in for free daily from 10am – 4:30pm. (PS: Read a KFDC write-up of the Wish Tree from a few years ago.)
2. Seven Black history experiences in Alexandria, from a drive of eight key sites to a walk along the African American Heritage Trail to an Underground Railroad inspired tour, and more.
3. Port Discovery, the wonderful children’s museum in Baltimore, has reopened on weekends only. Tickets are $17.95 and must be purchased in advance. With hours limited to Saturdays & Sundays, they could sell out, so reserve yours here.
4. Ideas for socially distant ways to celebrate Halloween.
5. This IG account and the actress starring in it are fantastic.