We’re heading into the woods for a few days and likely won’t have much Internet access, so here are a bunch of quick links for local activities and some other things until I’m back online next week. Happy Weekend!
* The round-up of The Best Places in the DC Area to Spend A Beautiful Day Outdoors with the Kids has an update for every locale on its current status.
* Shark tooth hunting (be sure to note restrictions)
* DC playgrounds
* Pick Your Own places
* The Adventure Park at Sandy Spring
* DC’s 51 new statehood murals
* The National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden is open.
* The International Spy Museum has reopened.
* ARTECHOUSE just started welcoming visitors again with new health and safety measures.
* TopGolf at National Harbor and Germantown are welcoming visitors to play in their outdoor hitting bays with new health and safety protocols.
* On Monday, July 13, join the Grand Opening of The Little Gym on Capitol Hill. They will be offering kids and families a socially distanced experience of the clean facility, fun and educational gym games, skill demonstration and spotting on bars, beam, and vault. Call 202.450-1175 to book an appointment for a free introductory visit on opening day — hors are 8:30am – 7:30pm.
* And the first half of this year in photos.
* Washington Post recs for 20 Books to Read this Summer
* What’s next, ‘supposively?’
* This essay on changed plans due to the pandemic and the subsequent comments are a great read.
* Muppets sing Hamilton Act I.
If you liked this post — found it informative, inspiring, or it just made you smile — please share!