1. It’s a great time of year to do some gardening — and by that I mean go explore a local garden! Walk among fall foliage, see plants and flowers that thrive during autumn, and enjoy other special features unique to each place. Here are some wonderful gardens to check out around the area:
* Brookside Gardens in Wheaton, MD
* Meadowlark Botanical Garden in Vienna, VA
* River Farm in Alexandria, VA
* Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens in Northeast DC
* Franciscan Monastery in Brookland, DC
* Bishop’s Garden at the National Cathedral in DC (mentioned in linked post, scroll down)
2. The National Air & Space Museum’s annual Air & Scare event at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center couldn’t happen in-house this year, so the museum has been bringing it to you virtually instead. Digital treats include downloadable activities and challenges, live online programming, and more sc-air-y fun.
3. A list of the 15 best Netflix shows for kids.
4. This piece from yesterday’s Washington Post is quite moving.
5. A message from 1968 🙌🏽