2. Did you know the Washington Spirit, our women’s pro soccer team, has a Kids Club? Members get all kinds of benefits and goodies, depending on which option you choose. Join for free to get the newsletter, entry in a monthly raffle, printable activities, and a welcome letter from the Coach. Pay $25 to get even more, including a free match ticket, a gift bag, and a Spirit Shop discount! (PS: The Spirit are doing a Food Drive to support the Capital Area Food Bank. Fans who donate four non-perishable food items at this Sunday’s match at Segra Field in Leesburg will receive two free tickets for the Spirit vs. Racing Louisville FC match on October 9 at Audi Field.)
3. Washingtonian’s Best of Washington 2021 is so good. I especially loved “The 10 Best Things We Learned About Washington During the Pandemic” (even though some of them we already knew):
1. We believe in science.
2. We follow rules.
3. We look out for one another.
4. We creatively pivot on a dime.
5. We’re an easy drive to great getaways.
6. We have a lot of great parks.
7. We’re a bikeable city.
8. We’re a walkable city.
9. We boost small businesses.
10. We confront our history.