1. The American Art Museum and Renwick Gallery may be closed to visitors right now, but you can still experience their art and programs at home. View exhibitions online, take a virtual tour, and explore the Family Zone with all kinds of crafts and projects to try along with video tutorials.
2. Ice Cream Jubilee is celebrating the new year and new White House with new ice cream flavors! Even better, they will be hosting tasting parties of special Inauguration Flavors where they’ll serve tasting flights of four mini-scoops (and a pint to take home). President-elect Joe Biden famously loves ice cream, so they want to use the sweet cold treat to spread enthusiasm for the new administration and get kids and families excited about elections, government, and our country as they watch the swearing in from home. Tastings will be offered this weekend, January 9-10, and January 15-24. Follow th link above and choose a ticket for the store location of your choice. Tickets are $22 + fees and include the 4 scoop flight + a take home pint. A special Inauguration Pack is also available for local delivery or pick-up. And if you’re not in DC, you can have Ice Cream Jubilee shipped to you!
3. Be aware of these DC road closures today due to the protest (and avoid going downtown altogether).
4. By special request from our birthday girl, dinner tonight will be take out from The Italian Store in Arlington. It’s really a treat for all of us, because it’s our very favorite place for pizza and subs. Anyone else? If not, what is your fave?
5. In honor of Sasha’s special day — and because it’s a fun watch, has a nice message, features the fantastic Phoebe Waller-Bridge (that look at the end!), and he is so adorable — here is Harry Styles’ newest video.