1. There a new addition to the DC museum scene! Planet Word finally opens to the public today after having to postpone its original launch in May due to COVID. You can tune into a live ribbon cutting at 11am on their website. As for IRL visits, admission is on a limited basis, and free timed passes are required. They are currently sold out, but you can follow Planet Word on social media to stay updated on when they become available.
2. To celebrate Oktoberfest, Victura Park, the family-friendly pop-up wine garden & café on The REACH grounds at the Kennedy Center, is Victura Garten this month as they’ve partnered with Solace Outpost for a Bavarian themed experience. Enjoy craft beers and great foods as you hang out in the lovely outdoor area overlooking the Potomac River. It’s open today 3-10pm (and Friday 3-10pm, Saturday 12-10pm, and Sunday 12-8pm). You can also enjoy the grounds and parts of The REACH interiors earlier in the day.
3. It might seem early to start thinking about holiday light displays, but when there’s a deal on admission for them, it’s definitely not too soon for a heads-up. CertifiKid already has discounts for a few twinkling wonderlands, and it’s not a bad idea to snag them, as outdoor holiday activities are certain to be more popular than ever during the coming COVID winter.
4. How adorable and clever are these City Bonfires? (Sidenote: They are handmade in Maryland with American-made materials by two dads whose jobs were impacted by COVID-19.)
5. Wawaweewa! Who else is excited for this film being released tomorrow? (Not for kids!)
Note: KFDC may earn a commission when you click on one of the links and make a purchase. Thanks for your support!