1. It’s going to be another lovely day! If you’re looking for an out of the house activity with DCPS (or any other) kids who have Wednesdays off, how about a hike? We just enjoyed a nice walk in the woods at Turkey Run Park, and there are lots of other great places to hit the trail around the area — especially on weekdays, when there aren’t big crowds. And if you’re looking for more fun with little ones, Clemyjontri, the sprawling playground in McLean, is just a few minutes’ drive from Turkey Run.
2. After a three-year renovation, the Martin Luther King Jr. Library is reopening tomorrow, September 24, and there will be a week of virtual programs to celebrate! On opening day, join an Opening Ceremony at 11am., and see what other online activities are coming up here. The brick-and-mortar library will be open with limited services — read more about that here.
3. Yogis and goat lovers, plan ahead for the weekend: Congressional Cemetery is hosting No Kidding: Baby Goat Yoga at various times on Saturday and Sunday. The 45-minute gentle and informative yoga class will be taught by instructors from St. Mark’s Yoga Center, while the cutest baby goats roam and climb around participants. After the class, there will an opportunity to buy a ticket for bottle feeding or a snuggle session with your new friends. Cost for the class is $40 (which includes mimosas for yogis 21+) — sign up in advance here. PS: Be sure to check out other events going on at the Cemetery this weekend, including a Yard Sale and tours. And read more about the Capitol Hill locale here — though note that it’s closed to most visitors outside of events.
4. Brightest Young Things just published an awesome fall entertainment guide with recs for movies, shows, music, books, and more.
5. This Tiny Desk Concert broke records for most views on its first day. I hadn’t heard of the group (and my kids would probably call me a Boomer for admitting that), but it’s a fun watch and listen!