1. Little ones can become Young Portrait Explorers with the National Portrait Gallery today at 11am. The online program guides children ages 3 and up as they take a close look at portraits of astronauts and activists, scientists, and star athletes — and discover the stories behind them.
2. With Labor Day behind us, fall is just around the corner, so here are 33 ideas for things to do during the season, even during a pandemic. (And I’ll be providing some DC specifics soon, too!)
3. National Geographic has tips on keeping kids focused as they head back to school.
4. Every now and then you get something that’s kind of a life changer and ask yourself, “Why in the world didn’t I own this sooner?” One of those things for me was this.
5. Insects in super slo-mo are mesmerizing.
PS: Happy First Day to all of the kids starting the new school year today!! Remember to share your photos with @kidfriendlydc and @thehillishome on Instagram by tagging us and using the hashtag #BTS💛KFDCxTHIH to help celebrate the start of this weird socially distanced year and for a chance to be featured!