1. Through August 21, take a Story Walk at The Wharf! In partnership with Politics & Prose, the fun and educational activity places a children’s story — a page by page deconstructed book — along a walking route in the community. Discover the pages of I Got the Rhythm by Connie Schofield-Morrison on the windows of 15 shops. The first four pages of the book can be found at Politics and Prose. Then continue to the following shops: Martha Spak Gallery at The Wharf, A Beautiful Closet, Maisons, Shop Made in DC, UPS, Maggie O’Neill, Chopsmith, Diament Jewelry, Grazie Grazie, CVS, Orangetheory, Toastique, Hank’s Oyster Bar, and Praline Bakery. Plan to grab a bite to eat, too — there are lots of options for outdoor dining or take out that you enjoy by the water. Read more about The Wharf (pre-COVID) here.
2. The National Zoo just launched Zooguardians, a new mobile game where you build your own zoo, care for animals, and find out what it takes to be a conservation hero. It’s free to download and available to play on Android and Apple devices. Rated E for Everyone.
3. It’s not a bad idea to have a supply of at-home activities for kids right now. A great place to shop for that is Michaels — they have everything from complete craft kits to individual items to use in all kinds of creative ways.
4. Metro service will return to almost-normal starting today.
5. The first week of a post pandemic social calendar 😂
If you liked this post — found it informative, inspiring, it made you smile, or it made you think — please share!