1. County fair season isn’t completely canceled because of coronavirus (whoa, unintentional alliteration!), it’s just gone online this year. The Arlington County Fair is this weekend, and you can experience it from home via Facebook starting today at 12pm through Sunday. Performances, a scavenger hunt, bingo, cooking demos, a family dance party, trivia, and more events will be among the festivities. Seethe website for the schedule of virtual events.
2. Annmarie Sculpture Garden’s annual Fairy Day of Play is tomorrow. From 9am – 2pm, enjoy all kinds of activities at the wonderful, whimsical locale in Calvert County — all of them socially distanced. Frolic in the fairy lolly, design fairy houses, make a nature wand, meet a “unicorn” and other animals, dance to drums, and much more. Reserve tickets in advance. And read more about Annmarie here and here. UPDATE: This has been postponed due to weather! Find another activity here.
3. Mt. Pleasant based yoga studio Past Tense Yoga is hosting a socially-distanced pop up class on the rooftop of The Lane tomorrow at 9:30am. The hour-long, donation based class led by instructor Nicole Ferrigno will raise money for need based scholarships for The Lane’s fall partnership with Flex Academies Social Learning Club. Recently mentioned here, the partnership aims to create small, academic “pods” of kids to supplement virtual learning with in-person socialization, enrichment, play and tutoring.
4. The annual Alexandria Sidewalk Sale returns this weekend as 60+ boutiques throughout Old Town and Del Ray offer deeply-discounted summer merchandise. See the website for a map of stores and learn about an Instagram giveaway, too.
5. The Onion’s Pros and Cons of Canceling College Football.
Weekend Bonus: A couple quick links for the next few days:
Activities Around DC During These Corona Times
The Best Places in the DC Area to Enjoy a Beautiful Day Outdoors with the Kids
If you liked this post — found it informative, inspiring, it made you smile, or it made you think — please share!