1. The Calvert Marine Museum in Solomons, MD, is open. It’s a fantastic museum highlighting the heritage and history of the Chesapeake Bay. For extra safety, they are limiting capacity and using a timed entry system — reserve a 2-hour time slot here. (PS: If you want to make the most of the trip out to Calvert County, you can also visit Annmarie Sculpture Garden, which is nearby the museum.)
2. YMCA of Metropolitan Washington is running summer camp at several area locations to help parents who need childcare as they return to work. The Y’s Traditional Summer Camp program will offer kids opportunities to engage in fun activities, including arts and crafts, dance, outdoor play, and sports while following COVID-19 protective guidelines.
3. There are lots of good socially distant outdoor dining options at The Wharf!
4. An iconic movie for every state + DC.
5. You may have heard that Comet NEOWISE, passing by Earth for the first time in 6,800 years, will be visible in the sky this month. According to this website, it’ll be best viewed from our area tonight and tomorrow night!
If you liked this post — found it informative, inspiring, it made you smile, or it made you think — please share!