1. If you want to take a swing at something different, a couple of area TopGolf locations have reopened. National Harbor and Germantown are welcoming visitors to play in their outdoor hitting bays with new health and safety protocols. And, fyi, Tuesdays are half-price!
2. A new playground is opening on Capitol Hill any day now. Located at Eastern Market Metro Park (8th and Pennsylvania SE), it features an area for 2-5 year olds, and another area for ages 5-13. It even has a splash pad, though unfortunately that part isn’t open yet (but I’ll let you know when it is).
3. Pandemic art created by Washington Post readers.
4. Vulture has a new round-up of the 30 best movies for kids on Netflix. And I bet there are at least a few that you and your kids haven’t yet seen.
5. Amazing what can be accomplished in quarantine.
Bonus: Today is BlackOut Day, and it’s encouraged to buy from black-owned businesses. Find links to a variety of them here.
If you liked this post — found it informative, inspiring, or it just made you smile — please share!