1. Homestead Farm in Poolesville, MD, one of our favorite places for picking our own fruits and veggies, has peaches available right now. Read more about it in this KFDC post. And find even more PYO places here. (Update: Per reader comment below, it’s a good idea to call ahead before you go to make sure pickings are good.)
2. If you’re up for a museum outing indoors, the B&O Railroad Museum in Baltimore is open. Depending on the day you go, you can take a train ride or join a story time along with touring the exhibits. And to celebrate Independence Day, they’re hosting an “All American Weekend” July 3-5 with special festivities in partnership with the Babe Ruth Birthplace and Museum.
3. A bunch of DC restaurants are offering July 4th specials. Note that many require preordering (for take out) or reservations for eating there.
4. Ways to help out DC right now.
5. These bits people do to annoy their partners (but have become endearing inside jokes) are hilarious. Do you have one?
If you liked this post — found it informative, inspiring, or it just made you smile — please share!