1. A new DC park just opened in NoMa. Alethia Tanner Park, named for a freed slave who supported education for black children, features a large lawn, playground, dog park, gardens and a meadow, plaza areas, and a connection to the Metropolitan Branch Trail. It’s located at 227 Harry Thomas Way, NE.
2. It’s a bit of a drive from DC and on the later side, but the Family Drive-In Theatre in Stephens City, VA, is showing Zootopia and The Avengers this evening. Tickets must be purchased in advance online.
3. If you’re looking for a fun (and yummy) birthday party idea that allows for social distancing, check out Peruvian Brothers Food Truck. They’ll drive up to your outdoor space and supply the food (ovbi) and other fun like yard games and blow-up toys. They can also help with furniture rentals and even a llama petting zoo! Learn more through the link.
4. Created several years ago, but just made widely accessible last week, Love is the Message, The Message is Death is a powerful work by video artist Arthur Jafa.
5. This note from a dad to his son went viral a couple of years ago, but as we wind down Pride month, it’s still fitting to share now.
If you liked this post — found it informative, inspiring, it made you smile, or it made you think — please share!