1. It’s a great time to explore the National Mall — there are no crowds, so you can get a close look at the memorials and maintain good social distance. Plan to stroll areas you may not usually visit, like Constitution Gardens (pictured above) and the Tidal Basin. Biking is a fun, active way to get there and get around, though parking is easy now if you drive, since none of the museums are open.
2. This evening at 7pm, Politics & Prose is hosting a virtual family storytime with Ibram X. Kendi, bestselling author of several books, including How to Be an Antiracist and the board book Antiracist Baby, which he will be reading during the session. Sign up here to join.
3. One of our favorite activities/places is back: The Adventure Park at Sandy Spring just reopened with new safety guidelines and a limited amount of reservations, which are required, available for this weekend and dates beyond.
4. How the protests show why DC statehood matters.
5. An 11-year-old girl interviews her dad about their time in quarantine, and it’s really sweet.
If you liked this post — found it informative, inspiring, it made you smile, or it made you think — please share!