1. Glenstone, the wonderful modern-art museum in Potomac, MD, has reopened on an outdoor-only basis — but I can assure you the beautiful, expansive grounds showcasing large-scale installations are lovely to wander. Hours are 10am – 5pm Thursday – Sunday. Visitors must be at least 12 years old, and reservations are required. Free tickets are released at 10am every Monday in two-week increments.
2. A KFDC reader recently let me know about Camp Kinda, described on the website as a “free virtual summer experience designed to keep kids in grades K-8 engaged, curious, and having fun–even if they’re stuck at home.” It offers themed daily ideas for activities to keep kids occupied for several hours.
3. Today at 2pm, Freedom Fighters DC is hosting a live session on Instagram to discuss what it means to Defund the Police, the MPD budget hearing on June 15, and how to submit a public testimony to the city council to push for change.
4. My friend Darcy’s list of 10 Happy Things for June. (Btw, she’s an amazing family photographer and currently scheduling summer sessions!)
5. A fascinating and powerful read. (It should be noted this is one person’s POV, but…whoa.)
If you liked this post — found it informative, inspiring, it made you smile, or it made you think — please share!