1. J.K. Rowling just started publishing a new fairytale, The Ickabog, and it’s available for free online in weekly installments. When it’s completed, it will be published in print this fall. Even better, kids ages 7-12 have a chance to help illustrate the printed version through an official competition! Get details on how to enter here.
2. Soccer fans missing their local pro team this season, can get a fix through the DC United website, where there’s a hub to help them stay active and engaged. Activities includes puzzles and coloring printables, video workouts withs players, a downloadable cookbook with recipes by DCU players, and throwback matches to view online. Vamos United!
3. NASA’s SpaceX Demo-2 launch to the International Space Station — the first U.S. human spaceflight in almost a decade — is happening today! Coverage of the rocket on the launch pad will start at 12pm, and liftoff is scheduled for 4:33pm. It will be a historic moment, as its the first-ever launch in a spacecraft built by a private company, Elon Musk’s SpaceX.
4. For a yummy, healthy take-out option the whole gang will enjoy, the Family Meal from Cava Grill is perfect and a good deal. It comes with greens, a protein or veggies, four toppings, two dips or spreads, and two dressings. We just ordered it, and everyone was happy and full, plus we had lots of leftovers. Just $45 and you can pick up curbside or have it delivered through UberEats. (This is not sponsored, just a rec for something we enjoyed.)
5. This article (re)posted by a friend is a few years old, but an important one to share now.
If you enjoyed this post — found it informative, inspiring, or it just made you smile — please share!