1. It’s going to be a beautiful day, and a family bike ride is a great way to enjoy it. This Curbed article has info on a bunch of good bike rides in the area. We really like the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail which runs from the Tidal Basin to Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens, and links up with the Anacostia Tributary Trail System that extends to College Park. (Read more about it in this KFDC post.)
2. National Geographic Kids has a great “Try This!” video series with all kinds of cool experiments little mad scientists can do at home.
3. You can pick your own strawberries at a couple of area farms — Schlagel and Wegmeyer’s Oatlands location (reservations required) — and a few more will be opening soon. In the meantime, many of them offer curbside pick-up of produce, so you can get fresh fruits and veggies and support some local places. This round-up of farms with PYO opportunities has links to all of them, so you can see what’s available.
4. These tips seem obvious, but sometimes we need to be reminded of certain things… especially when we’re together 24/7.
5. The last show I went to see before everything shut down was Michelle Wolf at DC Improv, and it was was awesome. Who doesn’t love to just laugh for a couple of hours? You can do that this evening and support a local venue — DC Improv is presenting The Overachievers Comedy Show Online via Zoom at 8pm. Cost is just $5. (PS: For even more comedy, Michelle Wolf’s Joke Show is on Netflix.)
If you enjoyed this post — found it informative, inspiring, or it just made you smile — please share!