1. Today at 11am, the National Portrait Gallery is hosting a virtual edition of their Young Portrait Explorers program. Discover new stories in history and learn about art and portraiture with downloadable activity guides that highlight a renowned person. This takes place every Tuesday, focusing on a different person each week. Join on Instagram stories to start with a close look at a featured portrait, then dig deeper with some discussion questions and finally get moving with fun and engaging activities on the day’s topic. Full activity guides will also be available on Facebook. This is recommended for children ages 3 and up.
2. Maryland parks are open, and we enjoyed a really lovely outing to Wye Island Natural Resources Management Area on Mother’s Day. It’s a little over an hour from DC in Queenstown on the Eastern Shore.
3. Plan for the weekend: Want to visit a zoo and enjoy a fun, safe activity out of the house? Leesburg Animal Park is opening as a Drive-Thru Zoo from Friday to Sunday, 10am – 5pm. Admission is $13/adult, $11/age 2-12 — purchase tickets in advance online.
4. A bunch of beloved chefs and cookbook authors created Family Meal, a digital cookbook-for-a-cause that benefits the Covid-19 Emergency Relief Fund. It’s $5.99 and includes 50 recipes from Alison Roman, Ina Garten, Eric Ripert, Deb Perelman, Kwame Onwuachi, and many more favorites. Purchase on Amazon here.
5. The latest episode of Some Good News with John Krasinski is a must-see. Watch until the end… I guarantee you’ll be crying happy tears. 😭
If you enjoyed this post — found it informative, inspiring, or it just made you smile — please share!