1. If you’re thinking about heading out to Shenandoah National Park to get outdoors with a lot of space, be sure to check these alerts as many parts are closed due to COVID-19. In a similar vein, I’m no longer recommending getting out for certain activities, as some places seem to be drawing too many visitors to maintain safe social distance. More here — scroll down to the Hang Out(side) section.
2. Certifikid has a bunch of cute ideas for crafts with empty TP rolls. (And we know that everybody has a lot of them lately!)
3. This is a perfect time to work on a puzzle. Local stores that sell them are closed, but you can still buy them online. Whether you pick one the whole family can to do together or opt for something tougher just for adults, it’s not just a good activity that takes up time, there’s also something very soothing about it. Surely, we can all use some soothing right now.
4. Sasha and her friends are missing their sleepovers, but Netflix Party has been a great substitute in the meantime, since spending the night at each other’s houses always includes a good movie or show and lots of chatting. Don’t forget the popcorn! (Of course, this would be a fun thing for adult friends to do, too.)
5. Need an awesome distraction, even just for a minute? Here you go!
If you enjoyed this post — found it informative, inspiring, or it just made you smile — please share!