The weekly 1.5-hour drop-off classes are designed to help preschoolers build key social, emotional, and intellectual skills needed for school and life. Activities help develop confidence, curiosity, communication, perseverance, and cooperation, abilities that give children a solid foundation for future learning environments. Zero to Three™, the National Center for Infants, Toddlers and Families has identified these seven key social–emotional competencies for school ready children.
Activities & benefits of the School Skills sessions include:
- Storytime – The teacher and students join together for a storybook adventure and group discussion in support of socialization and early literacy
- Science – Children share observations and build curiosity through experiments
- Art – Sculpting and building provide children with interactive fine motor skill activities
- Movement Exploration – Group and independent games support active play and teamwork
- Pre-writing – Children are encouraged to recognize letters, numbers and formation
Led by a teacher with over 10 years of experience, the small-sized, drop-off classes will take place on Mondays from 11am – 12:30pm. Classes are suitable for children ages 2.5 – 4.5, and they must be bathroom independent.
Interested in exploring the class with a free preview? Call or email to register: 202-627-2450 | [email protected]