When was the last time you saw a 15-ton elephant walking down the street? (If you can actually answer that question with something other than “never,” then you probably know where this is going.) Yes, it’s that time of year—the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus is coming to town and kicking off its five-week visit to the DC-metro area with the traditional Elephant Walk. On Tuesday, March 16 at 1pm, the parade of pachyderms will take to the city streets, making their way from the train (by Garfield Park in Capitol Hill) to the Verizon Center. Catch them along the following route:
• Start on Virginia Ave. S.E.
• Northwest on Washington Ave. S.W.
• West on Independence Ave. S.W.
• North on 3rd St. S.W./N.W.
• West on G St. N.W.
• North on 6th Street to the loading dock of the Verizon Center.